Resorts in Orlando are plentiful, and some have very distinctive characteristics. But we’ve been asked this question by many interested buyers looking for their next dream home-away-from-home: what is the difference between Sheraton Vistana Villages and Sheraton Vistana Resort?
Of course, both are affiliated with the recognized Sheraton brand and are located in the popular travel destination of Orlando, Florida. But with such similar names and situated in the same great vacation town, how do you decipher the real differences between Sheraton Vistana Resort vs Vistana Villages? We’ve compared and contrasted these resort properties in order to help you decide where to vacation for your next trip to Orlando.
Vistana Villages vs. Vistana Resort: Similarities
First, we’d like to start off with the similarities. Though both resorts are situated on their own distinct properties, the Sheraton Vistana Resorts and Villages are both extremely wonderful places to vacation.
Proximity in Orlando
Sheraton Vistana Villages and Sheraton Vistana Resort are both fantastic places to vacation because of their unbeatable location close to all of Orlando’s amazing attractions. Both resorts are within 10 miles of Orlando’s finest lakes like Lake Mabel, Lake Tibet, and Lake Sheen; a couple of miles from some amazing golf courses including Grande Vista Golf Club, the Shingle Creek Golf Club, and the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club; and 5 to 10 miles away from the city’s wonderful museums like Ripley’s Believe It or Not and Madame Tussauds Orlando.
Both Sheraton Vistana locations feature an array of luxurious, comfortable one- and two-bedroom accommodations with a variety of amenities to make you feel at home. These include private balconies at select units, full kitchens or kitchenettes, Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience beds, and breathtaking Garden or Water views.
Whether you’re vacationing with family, going out with friends, or you’re on a romantic rendezvous, either resort will suit your needs. Both offer children’s programs, restaurants, fitness rooms, pools, resort stores, tennis courts, and basketball courts for you to enjoy all vacation-long without the need to venture off-site.
Vistana Villages vs. Vistana Resort: Differences
While both properties are owned and operated by Sheraton and offer the same level of luxurious amenities suited for a memorable Orlando vacation, there are a fair amount of differences. For convenience sake, one might be a little closer to certain activities than the other. Here are some of the key differences between Sheraton Vistana Villages vs Vistana Resort:
The two Sheraton resorts exist at two separate locations; Sheraton Vistana Villages is located at 12401 International Drive right in Orlando, while Sheraton Vistana Resort is located in Lake Buena Vista at 8800 Vistana Centre Drive. Sheraton Vistana Villages Orlando is close to some of the Florida town’s greatest attractions like the Orange County Convention Center, SeaWorld Orlando, Discovery Cove Orlando, and Universal Studios. Sheraton Vistana Resort Orlando, on the other hand, is closest to all things Disney (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, etc.).
At its base level, the names really say it all. Sheraton Vistana Villages is structured like a village; small, quaint, with a more intimate resort property just like a small village. Sheraton Vistana Resort, however, is much larger. It offers much more variety, but also a wider campus in order to offer convenient features such as bar and food options, bike and golf cart rentals, and nighttime entertainment.
Whether you chose Sheraton Vistana Resort or Villages, you’ll also find that both of these resorts have different building, or phases. Each phase also has special set of amenities:
Sheraton Vistana Villages Phases
- Sheraton Vistana Villages – Amelia Villas: The closest to several barbecue points and is next to the Hammock Garden
- Sheraton Vistana Villages – St. Augustine Villas: Near the pool attraction, which features a kid-friendly Pirate Ship, the Port of Call Poolside shop, Pirate’s Cove Pool Bar, playground, and the Villages Marketplace.
- Sheraton Vistana Villages – Key West Villas: Across the road, Key West offers courts for volleyball and tennis, whirlpool tub, fitness center, game room, a kiddie pool, a playground, and is located next tot he grocery store. Key West Villas owners will also receive StarOptions, which is the points-based ownership program operated by Sheraton’s parent company, Starwood Resorts.
- Sheraton Vistana Villages – Bella Florida Villas: The largest section of the Sheraton Vistana Village property. Bella Florida Villas is next to two of the outdoor whirlpools, a game room, the resort’s massage room and four gorgeous fountains. Bella Florida owners may also be eligible to receive StarOptions.
Sheraton Vistana Resort Phases
- Sheraton Vistana Resort – Falls Villas: this phase features a massage room, basketball and shuffleboard courts, a pool, whirlpool tub, and a playground.
- Sheraton Vistana Resort – Lakes Villas: At Lakes Villas, you’re right next to the recreation center. You can also enjoy a playground for the little ones, pools, basketball and volleyball courts, and shuffleboard.
- Sheraton Vistana Resort – Courts Villas: Courts Villas are conveniently located by the basketball court, whirlpool tubs, pool, shuffleboard, and grill stations for afternoon lunches.
- Sheraton Vistana Resort – Fountains Villas: Fountains is closest to the Tacky Tiki Bar, where you can rent sporting equipment. It’s also convenient to the massage room and poolside cabana, the fitness center, game room, playground, pools, and the sauna.
- Sheraton Vistana Resort – Cascades Villas: Kick back with a drink and some snacks at the Cascades Bar & Grill, relax at the massage pool cabana, take a dip in the pool, or soak in the outdoor whirlpool.
- Sheraton Vistana Resort – Palms Villas: This family-friendly sector features several grill stations located in this southeast corner of the resort.
- Sheraton Vistana Resort – Spas Villas: Enjoy the Spas Villas super pool, the recreation center & game room, and the fitness center, all of which are open daily at 8 am. Challenge friends and family to a game at the volleyball courts or in the pool for a water volleyball match. Once the day winds down, dine at Zimmie’s Bar and Grill or cook dinner yourself at any one of the five grill stations.
- Sheraton Vistana Resort – Springs Villas: Enjoy the sauna, outdoor whirlpool, game room, pool, and playground. You’re also close to one of the resort’s fitness centers.
Sheraton Vistana Village timeshare owners will have the option to lounge at the Villages at the relaxing Pirate’s Cove Pool Bar or can settle down in the Flagler Station Bar and Grill and have a drink while enjoying a gorgeous view of the lake. Sheraton Vistana Resort owners have a few more options for American-style food at Zimmie’s Bar & Grill, Tacky Tiki Bar and Grill, and Castaways Bar & Grill, along with lighter fare options like The Market Place and The Outpost Bar.
Book Your Vacation Today!
You can’t go wrong with either option for your next vacation to sunny Orlando. And thankfully through SellMyTimeshareNow.com, you can find plenty of affordable timeshare resales and rentals at both properties. Select the resort location and phase that’s best suited for you and your family, and start packing your Florida bag now!