If you're thinking about buying timeshare, you might be realizing you have all kinds of options. Not all timeshares are created equal, so we are offering timeshare buyers advice and tips that will steer you away from the pitfalls and toward the best options when it comes to timeshare ownership.
Ready to buy a timeshare now? Click below to view our inventory.
Buying Timeshare: Advice & Tips
Here are our top five pieces of advice for buying the right timeshare:
- Buy timeshare resales. Unequivocally, this is the most important piece of advice anyone can give you about buying a timeshare. Why? Because you'll save cash! The value differential between retail and resale is incredible. When you buy directly from a resort, you'll pay top dollar. When you buy resale, you'll be getting the same timeshare for a fraction of the cost, and it will make your investment suddenly affordable and sound. It makes all the difference and will save you thousands of dollars.
- Buy Disney timeshare. If you can afford to buy into Disney Vacation Club, we strongly recommend that you do. This timeshare club holds its resale value best, period. Besides, there are perks that come along with being a Disney owner that are truly amazing. You won't be limiting yourself to only DVC resorts, either—though you may want to only stay at their beautiful properties—as Disney is affiliated with RCI and has great privileges within the exchange company. Trust us, you won't be disappointed.
- Try other name brand and well-known properties. If you want the best in quality, well-known timeshare brands and vacation clubs are a great bet. Timeshares from companies like Club Intrawest, Hilton Grand Vacations, and Ritz-Carlton Club not only hold their value reasonably well, they consistently provide the top-notch services and amenities that have made them household names. It's not just the big players that deliver on quality and luxury, however. Try buying timeshare from resorts like Harborside Resort at Atlantis in the Bahamas or the Manhattan Club in New York City for the same kind of value. Want to know what resorts are the most popular on the resale market right now? Click here to see the best timeshares to buy report for 2012.
- Do your research. If you think you have found a resort or a brand you like and you are ready to buy time share, look around on the resort's website (and if they don't have one, that's not generally a good sign). Be sure to also search for online feedback from current owners in timeshare forums and review sites. Learn what the typical maintenance fees are, what unit types they offer, which seasons they use, and what details sound important to you. The more you know about what you want, the better you'll be able to find its match on the resale market.
- Know when to buy timeshare. You can often find the best deals online from September through the holidays, because for most owners, maintenance fees are coming due and they're more inclined to sell (plus they're probably trying to save for the holidays). Typically, prices will be lower in this timeframe, so if it works for your budget to buy timeshare during this season, we definitely recommend doing so.
Just remember to make the choices that work for you, and consider your finances carefully as you consider all of the above. Good luck—we know the right timeshare is out there waiting!
Get Help Now
Licensed Real Estate Agents