Contact a DVC Specialist
Disney Timeshare Resources
DVC Ownership Info
What's My Disney
Let us help find the value of your Disney timeshare in today's market.
Owners love Disney Vacation Club points because they're easy to use, be it within Disney, outside of Disney, or for other benefits. If you're already a DVC member, or before you browse our selection of DVC timeshare resales if you're thinking about becoming a DVC owner, you'll find all you need to know about using your DVC point allotment below.
DVC — Banking Points and Borrowing Points
- Points from one use year may be banked into the next, so long as you do so within the first 8 months of the current use year. Learn how DVC use years work.
- Borrowing points from the next use year can occur, but only when you're making a reservation that requires more points than you have available in the current use year.
- Using banked points and borrowing DVC points from a future use year can be done in tandem, but no more than three years of points can be used at one time.
- All banking and borrowing is irreversible.
How to Transfer DVC Points
- Members have the option to transfer DVC points to another member. Like banking and borrowing, all transfers are final. The request for a transfer will require written confirmation.
- Banked and borrowed points are not eligible to be transferred.
- Both parties involved in a transfer must be up-to-date on their annual DVC dues and can only engage in one transfer per use year.
- Transferred Disney Vacation Club points will be subject to the usage parameters of the transferring party. Use year and home resort restrictions governing the old holder of points will apply to the new holder of points. Similarly, points purchased on the resale market will be restricted, post-transfer, to use in the same manner they were before the transfer.
- If you are buying on the resale market and the first allotment of DVC points transferred to you is from the original owner's next use year, you may not borrow said points into the current use year.
One-Time Use Disney Vacation Club Points
- Should you need extra points, but don't want to borrow or transfer them, you also have the option to purchase up to 24 additional DVC points, once a use year. The purchase just needs to occur at the time you're making the reservation that requires them (and within a 7-month window of a desired check-in date).
- Rates are subject to change, but currently (2012) members enjoy a rate of $15 per one-time use point.
- You won't be able to cancel or refund your purchase of one-time use points, nor will you be able to transfer, bank, or borrow them.
- In the event that your trip does not unfold as planned and your reservation must be canceled, be aware that one-time use points expire at the end of your typical use year.
Using DVC Points to Make Reservations
For information on how you can use your Disney Vacation Club points to book vacations at the DVC resorts and beyond, click one of the links below: