It is time to start planning your dream vacations. You’ve joined the Hilton Grand Vacations Club and purchased a timeshare resale at a fantastic resort. You’ve also received your yearly allotment of HGVC points to use. But one question remains—now what?
With a variety of options and methods of making HGVC reservations, the different processes can be difficult to understand. Below, we’ve laid out how to make reservations using your points as well as how to exchange your timeshare through RCI. You will also learn about cancelling or changing your Hilton Grand Vacations reservations.
fill out the form
fill out the form
Making Your Hilton Grand Vacations Club Reservations
Because the Hilton Grand Vacations Club is so versatile, there are a number of different methods for making reservations. You can either:
- Make a standard reservation using your home week at your home resort
- Make a reservation at another HGVC resort
- Exchange your reservation through RCI
If you choose to make a reservation within the Hilton network, you’ll need to do the following:
- Decide when and where you want to go. When it comes to resort selection, HGVC offers a wide list of more than 60 in-network resorts, and more than 5,000 through RCI. Think about where you want to go on vacation, then search for HGVC resorts in that area.
- Log on to your hgvclub.com account. Regardless of what you decide on, you will have to log on to your personalized HGVC account to make reservations. HGVC reservations operate on a first-come first-served basis, so there are no waitlists for reservations.
Resorts may have different reservations requirements on a case-to-case basis, so make sure to familiarize yourself completely with the process once you become an HGVC member.
HGVC Reservation Cancellation
If you need to change or cancel your reservation, Hilton has an simple process for doing so. Take note of the following if you want to change your reservation:
- You can make changes when your new reservation is still in the same calendar year as the old one, and you are either maintaining or increasing the number of points being used, or decreasing but making the change 31 days prior to check-in.
- If the new reservation will use the same number of points as the old or more, the change may be made up to 1 day prior to check-in. If, on the other hand, your new reservation decreases the amount of points being used, you'll need to make the change 31 days out. Within 30 days of the reservation, changes resulting in a decrease in number of points used are not allowed. You can still cancel your reservation at this time, but cancellation fees will apply (see below).
- Changes can be made to your unit size/type, duration of stay, and the actual location/resort. The fee for making changes is $49 if done online and $89 if done on the phone. If you booked your reservation online or paid the extra $20 via phone for the changeable option (exactly what it sounds like), you won't incur any fees for making changes.
For cancellations, the process is a bit different. You may have to forfeit points and/or pay a small fee for cancellations made within a certain window.