Safe and Fun Ideas for Spring Break 2021
Spring break 2021 will be here before you know it. During this challenging time, many of your usual travel options may not be available this year. However, there are still plenty of opportunities to get away and enjoy an incredible spring break experience while staying safe and traveling smart. Take this opportunity to make spring break 2021 a unique travel experience you’ll never forget!
Spring Break Tips for a Safe and Successful Getaway
When planning your vacation, be sure to keep some of these safety tips in mind while traveling during a pandemic.
- Skip the big parties and gatherings this year. While spring breakers usually engage in large and rowdy festivals, it’s currently not safe to participate in these events while maintaining social distancing.
- Seek out as many outdoor activities as possible, including dining.
- Stay in a timeshare rental so you’ll have access to a full kitchen and can prepare meals en-suite
- Choose a resort with many of your desired amenities and activities located right on-site so you don’t have to stray too far to have a full vacation experience.
- If you are traveling with members outside of your household, take the proper precautions prior to the trip like quarantining and getting a COVID test.
- Be sure to pack multiple masks and hand sanitizer to keep on your person while venturing out in public.
Find a Tropical Escape in the Florida Keys
Forget all of those typical spring break travel destinations you hear about and consider some lesser-known tropical escapes right here in the US. Don’t worry about potential travel restrictions or an overwhelming party scene and find some hidden gems where you least expect them.
Marathon, Florida is a fantastic destination right in the Florida Keys to give you the warm, tropical getaway you crave without the long flight. Discover turquoise water, white beaches, perfect weather, and plenty of fun in the sun.
- Visit top beaches including Sombrero Beach, Sunset Bay Park on Grassy Keys, Coco Plum Beach, Oceanfront Park, and Bahia Honda State Park
- Tour the waters by kayak, canoe, jet ski, or boat
- Visit the 60 acres of protected land at Crane point to take in the beautiful scenery and vibrant wildlife
Stay Socially Distanced While Skiing in Colorado
It’s easier than you may think to plan a ski vacation during a pandemic because skiing is a naturally socially distant activity. While this may not seem like your typical spring break getaway, it’s a great option for the uniqueness of 2021.
- We recommend Breckenridge, Colorado for a wide variety of resort options that provide prime access to the slopes. Ski-in/ski-out access minimizes your need to use public transportation or even leave the resort premises
- Many Breckenridge resorts offer outdoor heated swimming pools and hot tubs open year-round so you can enjoy a swim or a soak without needing to be indoors
- Heated outdoor dining is also incredibly popular in Breckenridge. Dine out safely and take in the incredible mountain views
Get Away from It All in the Smoky Mountains
You may be sick of being holed up in your house or dorm room, but still want to enjoy seclusion in nature. Travel to the beautiful Smoky Mountains in Tennessee for the perfect family-friendly, socially-distanced escape. Enjoy plenty of wide-open spaces and outdoor activities to fill a full spring break 2021 vacation itinerary.
- Stay at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort for scenic views and prime access to hiking, mountain biking, fishing, and many deluxe resort amenities
- Visit the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for stunning scenery and virtually endless outdoor activities to engage in
- And let us state the obvious, the Smoky Mountains features so many great mountain ranges to plan a variety of hikes or mountain biking adventures. There are also opportunities to camp and really get away from it all
Shop our last minute timeshare rentals to save on accommodations in these destinations and many more. Browse today and start planning your spring break 2021!