Timeshare Exchange Companies
Flexible Travel at its Finest
If you own timeshare, you probably already know about the wonderful opportunities afforded to owners by timeshare exchange companies. You already know that as a member, you can enjoy ultimate flexibility in your vacation planning. And you already know that you can vacation any time of the year, in a different resort whenever you choose, in thousands of exciting vacation destinations around the globe.
What you might not know is which timeshare exchange company to choose.
Many resorts offer in-network exchanges, but destinations and availability can sometimes be limited. Though there are several dozen smaller companies that specialize in timeshare exchanges, most timeshare owners choose to become a member of one of the three major exchange companies: Resort Condominiums International (RCI), Interval International (II) or Trading Places International (TPI). Each of these exchange companies offers unique benefits and services, but all provide you with the chance to expand your choices of when and where you holiday.
Not a timeshare owner yet? Find the perfect escape for you today - browse our inventory of featured timeshares!
Want an extra vacation week this year? A timeshare rental in a new destination could be the perfect solution!
The Big Three in Timeshare Exchange - RCI, II, and TPI
The three main timeshare exchange companies are constantly finding ways to expand your exchange options and the flexibility of their memberships. Read on to determine which exchange company might be right for you.
Since 1974, RCI has pioneered the vacation exchange industry and accumulated more than three million members from around the world. As the largest exchange company, the RCI exchange network encompasses almost 4,000 affiliated resorts in more than 100 countries - providing RCI Subscribing Members with almost unlimited freedom to plan their dream vacations.
RCI Subscribing Member Benefits:
- Extra Vacations Getaways - Enjoy additional vacations without depositing a week! From a long weekend, a full week, or a last minute getaway for two, members get the best rates on RCI vacation rentals.
- RCI Cruise - Exchange your timeshare week for a comparable cruise vacation or keep your week and purchase a cruise vacation at Members-Only rates (backed by RCI's Best Rate Guarantee).
- Elite Rewards Credit Card - Enrollment with this credit card is optional, but the program allows you to earn rewards for everyday purchases both on and off vacation. Rewards can be exchanged for gift certificates, dining, or even applied toward RCI membership fees and services.
- Guest Certificates - Give your friends or family members a gift they'll never forget, a RCI vacation. Members can purchase Guest Certificates for a small fee plus the cost of the exchange or vacation rental.
- RCI Points - In 2000, the company piloted the world's first points-based exchange system, allowing owners to purchase Points that can used to upgrade their vacations, to purchase airline tickets, or even banked for future use. Members who accumulate enough points can also exchange them for additional RCI Weeks vacations.
- Vacation Protection - This optional service protects you in case you have to cancel your vacation exchange for any reason. With this service, you won't lose your week if life unexpectedly throws you a curveball.
- RCI Travel - RCI's full-service travel agency can help you make travel arrangements and schedule activities to enjoy during your resort vacation. As a member you receive discounts on airfare, car rentals, and more.
To learn more about RCI, CLICK HERE.
As the second largest timeshare exchange company in the industry, Interval International's exchange network is home to about two million member families and 2,500 resorts in more than 75 countries.
Interval International Member Benefits:
- Request First or Deposit First - Unlike RCI, Interval allows owners to request an exchange week BEFORE depositing their timeshare week. This allows you to hold onto your week until you've found exactly what you want.
- Member Getaways - Enjoy exclusive values on extra vacations without exchanging your resort week.
- Guest Certificates - Share the benefits of your membership with friends and family - available for both exchange accommodations and Member Getaways.
- Interval Travel - Travel discounts on cruises, airline tickets, car rentals, activities and more - enjoy rates not available to the general public.
- Interval Gold Membership - Upgrade your membership and receive even more discounts and opportunities for year-round travel including ShortStay Exchange and Gold Concierge.
To learn more about II, CLICK HERE.
Trading Places International boasts the third highest number of successful independent vacation exchanges in the world. Specializing in personalized exchange and travel planning, customer service is the cornerstone of TPI's exchange philosophy. Unlike RCI or II, there is no mandatory membership fee to utilize this company's exchange program. However, members of Trading Places' Vacation Exchange Club enjoy even more discounts and perks.
TPI Vacation Exchange Club Benefits:
- Exchange Discounts - Members receive discounts on Trading Places' already low exchange rates.
- 2-for-1 Early Deposit - Simply bank your week 120 days prior to the start date and receive use of an additional vacation week - free!
- Hot Deal Getaways - Members get an extra 25% off already low timeshare and condo rental rates on weeks in which the start date for usage falls within 60 days.
- Upgrade on Exchange - Exchange into a larger unit or high-demand destination for a small additional fee- discounts for members.
- Resorts to Ports Exchange - Trade your week for other vacation opportunities including cruises, vacation packages, car rentals, airfare, activities and more.
- Exclusive Resort Privileges - Available at the most luxurious hotels worldwide. From spa and resort credits to complimentary upgrades, TPI wants you to enjoy your vacations. Available to members only.
- Limited Time E-Specials - Sent directly to your inbox. Be the first to know about cruise specials, discounted weeks, golf vacation discounts, activity vouchers, and more.
To learn more about Trading Places, CLICK HERE.
Whether you deal with RCI, II or TPI, you can be assured that your vacation destination will meet high standards for safety, luxuriousness, and loads of amenities. Just be aware that while the exchange process is generally quite similar, you will encounter slight variations depending on which company you choose.
Tips for Successful Exchanges:
- Be flexible - Timeshare travel is flexible, so follow suit! Include several different resorts and travel dates (if possible) - this way you're likely to expedite the exchange and get what you want.
- Think Ahead - Most timeshare exchange companies offer benefits for depositing early. And the sooner you deposit, the pickier you can be about your exchange as you'll have more time and more vacation properties to consider.
- Remember the "Like for Like" Policy - Exchanging means trading for holiday time at a unit and resort that have comparable amenities to your own. If you own a one bedroom timeshare, don't expect to exchange for a two-bedroom lockout without paying additional fees.
- Do Your Research - Before becoming a member of any timeshare exchange company, be sure to research the exchange policies of your home resort as well as the company you intend to join.
And remember, you do not have to be a member of RCI, Interval International, TPI or any of the other timeshare exchange companies in order to buy, sell or rent timeshare vacation property at Sell My Timeshare NOW. Nor do you need to be a member of an exchange company to enjoy the top quality standards of renting timeshares at Interval International-affiliated resorts, RCI-affiliated resorts, or resorts affiliated with Trading Places.
Search for your perfect timeshare resale now!
Have timeshare you want to sell? We can help you! Click Here!